Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Night Shift in the ER

I am still learning how this blog thing works. I haven't posted any photos yet, but will be doing so soon. It is 1:30 am and I'm seeing patients with various problems. I have three night shifts in a row this week. After a decade of taking care of people, I am amazed at what I see especially after midnight in the ED. There are strange, odd and just plain stupid people amongst us. I don't mind taking care of the truly needful person, such as a bona fide heart attack or appendicitis or a broken arm, but those patients are the minority. I guess my view is skewed because I do see the worst of society.
Enough of that. Tomorrow is Marty's birthday, but with school and basketball tryouts and Young Men activity, we won't get to see much of him. Hope he enjoys his gifts.

3 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Larsen's in Wyoming said...

3 nights in a row!! How did you manage such a feat? Maybe you should remember the residency days.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Old Griz said...

I will be working 5 days straight on graveyard at Sundance learning how to be a night auditor. One of my duties is to manage the night auditors, so, I need to know that the heck they do.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger CJ's Rant said...

All this talk about work has upset me and I am going to take a nap now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home