Monday, June 04, 2007

Pioneer Trek






This past week we went on a Trek. Marty and Rebecca went along. Deb, being the stake young women's president, had a major role in planning and carrying it out. I was asked to be the medical support for the 3 days. This is the 3rd time our stake has done this. The last one was done 4 years ago and Angie participated in that one. It took place in the hills above Enterprise Reservoir. Marty and Rebecca were each assigned to a new family and we all dressed up as pioneers. They pushed and pulled their handcarts up and down rough dirt roads for about 18 miles. My truck followed behind as the medical vehicle. I let Deb drive it most of the time as I walked up and down the handcart company. I took Mookie along and he had a blast. He became the company mascot. The weather was good. Hot and dry. Probably the hardest thing for me was wearing "pioneer clothes" the whole time. The youth slept on the ground. Deb and I slept in the bed of my truck. There were over 160 youth on this trek. They had several good speakers and activities. One of the highlights was the tug-o-war with a rope I had purchased last year. I finally got to put it to good use. The testimony meeting afterwards was very good. Both Marty and Rebecca were strong members of their "families" and did more than their share at pulling the handcarts. It was a great activity, but nothing I would want to do every month.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger CJ's Rant said...

Were you able to take multiple wives on the trek? Or was it not that authentic.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Adam said...

how much for a framed photo of Gordon in the costume?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home