Monday, April 05, 2010

Conference Weekend

I just got back from a quick trip to SLC and Midway. Eric and I attended the Priesthood session of General Conference. Our whole deacons quorumn and their dads made it (16 of us). It was a great experience and it strengthened our faith. Listening to the prophet in person and singing a hymn with 22,000 other priesthood holders was awesome! After the session we walked over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and had dinner on the top floor at the Garden Room overlooking the Salt Lake Temple. Downtown SLC was packed with Latter Day Saints and Temple Square was full of excitment. I was glad to share this experience with my son Eric and I hope that it helps him build his own confirmation of what he is being taught by us and the Church. We stayed with Mom & Dad up in Midway and woke up to 7 inches of snow on Easter Sunday. It was beautiful, but we were glad to get home to the warm desert of St. George.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home