Wednesday, January 12, 2011

LifeFlight



Yesterday our hospital in St. George got it's first helicopter. LifeFlight has had a fixed wing plane (kind of like a leer jet) to do patient transfers in the air, but now we have a "rotar" stationed permanently here. In the past we had to summon helicopters from Las Vegas or Page, Arizona over by Lake Powell. To add to the event was the fact that my daughter Angie is one of the flight nurses. She recently completed her training on the helicopter and with the NICU to be a part of the team that can transfer critically ill premature infants in the air ambulances. She is really excited to be a part of the flight team and it is a credit to her competency as a nurse as she is one of the youngest flight nurses. We hung out with her while she took part in the activities and the official "landing" of the LifeFlight helicopter at our hospital (Dixie Regional Medical Center). Most people there also knew me because of my 17 years of working in the Emergency Department. I have now been working in Emergency Medicine for 20 years. I started my ER residency in Illinois in 1991. I guess you could say that I have seen a lot of stuff over the past 20 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home