Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Over the Ocean


The day started with diving off the North side of the island.  Spectacular diving spots.  Clear water with amazing corals, sponges, & fish.  I got down to 96 feet on the first dive of the morning.  I could still clearly see the surface above. The afternoon Deb and I went to the Northeast point of the island with another climber named Tim (we meet him a couple of days ago climbing here) and we rappelled over the edge down to climbs on overhanging cliffs just above the crashing waves and ocean below.  It was a 45 minutes hike over very rough terrain to get there.  We ran into many brown headed Boobies (birds) nesting along the way.  The climb was very good but also very intimidating and committing.  I am proud of Deb for being able to do it.  Wild!  The waves crashed so hard against the cliffs that I was sprayed with water multiple times before I could climb out.  My climbing shoes were soaked and my chalk was paste.  Fun and scary at the same time!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home