Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Day Off

I finally got a day off, but instead of enjoying it, I had to go to court and testify. Zach put on his suit and gave me moral support and some good advice and accompanied me into the courtroom. I had to give testimony in a child abuse case. It is uncomfortable to look across the courtroom into the face of the accused. The prosecuting and defending attornies questioned me for 25 minutes. It was a nerve racking thing for someone who is totally unfamiliar with court rooms and trial law. Zach loved it. After I testified, I jumped into my truck and headed out into the mountains west of St. George and rock climbed until dark. I joined up with the Perkin brothers. They had me doing laps on a 5.13a I am so sore today, I can hardly move. The sunset from the western slopes of the Beaver Dam Mountains was spectacular! And just as the sun went down, the full moon came up over the cliffs in the east. The air was perfectly still and crisp as we hiked back to our trucks. I took Mookie with us and he was running around with a dog grin on his face.
Eric played very well in his football game on Saturday. He played center and outside linebacker. His team was the Dixie 3rd grade team and played against Snow Canyon for the championship. They lost 13 - 0 . He loves football and already understands the game. Looking forward to seeing most everybody at Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home