Saturday, April 10, 2010

Joshua Tree Climbing Trip


Deb and I just got back from a quick climbing trip to Joshua Tree National Park. I have been to JTree many times on climbing trips. Usually with my sons or climbing buddies. This time I convinced Deb to go. She says it is my birthday present from her this year. We had the good fortune of having very good weather, but even so Deb talked me into staying at a motel instead of camping out. This does have its benefits. I tried really hard to stay on the easier climbs so as not to push Deb too hard. She was a great sport and climbed all but the last route on the 3rd day (which I thought was the best route of the trip, the mega-classic "Sail Away"). It was fun to introduce her to my version of Disneyland. She said that she liked it, but I don't think she had nearly as much fun as I did. It did take me several visits to JTree before I really got into it. It is a combination of the style of climbing, the Mojave desert, the campgrounds and interaction with other climbers, the quirky restaurants in the town of Joshua Tree and also the drive between St. George and JTree that makes it a fun climbing destination for me. Maybe Deb would like a more "traditional" husband, but so far she hangs in there with me. And I really appreciate that!

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Gordon's Blog said...

First of all it was Gordon's choice to stay in a motel not mine. I think I did remarkably well on the climbs since he didn't mention the fact that I spent most of the time in a pure state of terror hanging off a wall 90 or 100 feet high. Maybe he should not be married at all but just hang out with his climbing buddies all the time. See if any of them will do his laundry!!!

His adoring wife Debbie

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Gordon's Blog said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home