Sunday, June 05, 2011

Trek 2011




We just got back from another stake Trek. This time around I was called as the "Trail Boss" with Deb helping me with my duties. Our stake had almost 150 youth and about 50 adults participate. We went out onto the Kaibab south of Fredonia, Arizona up in the ponderosas. Specifically we trekked out to Crazy Jug Point and stood on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I arranged for Clay Bundy to provide me with a horse and I rode up and down the route keeping the Companies spaced out. Eric was on this Trek and was in a fun "family". The weather was generally quite good but cooler by 10 degrees than we had planned on having due to this year's crazy spring weather that won't give way to summer yet. Deb and I were the key speakers for one of the morning sides and it went well. I had a lot of fun riding the horse and I wasn't too saddle sore. I had gone down to Bundy's place once weekly for the past month to ride the horse and get used to the saddle again. It sure brought back memories from when I would ride in my teenage years and the trail rides that my Grandpa Chugg took me on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home