Sunday, December 09, 2012

Long Way Home

We are back home in good o'le St. George!  Our trip home was long.  I thought the trip over was miserable, but the trip home was much worse.  We caught a "red eye" flight out of Phuket, Thailand where we had a sandwhich at a Subway in the airport.  Bad choice.  We ended up with food poisoning and spent our 12 hour flight from Beijing to San Francisco getting to know the lavatory on the plane.  Between Deb and I we probably visited it 15 - 16 times.  The Chinese on the plane probably thought we were some crazy Americans.  It was the longest 12 hours of our lives!!  We finally got to my medicine kit when we collected our luggage in San Francisco at customs and things started to improve from there.  Today I am still not back to normal, but I feel so much better than yesterday that I feel great.  We even rented an airport hotel room at the airport in Beijing and slept for 4 hours and took a shower.  It should have made our trip home much better, but the "gambu" changed all of that.  Neveretheless, we had a great time once again in Thailand and will most likely go back again in a couple of years.  It is good to be back with family and in our own bed.  Now I have to work a bunch of shifts at the hospital.  And Christmas is just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home