Friday, August 16, 2013

First Lead!

Deb finally agreed to lead a climb today.  We were climbing at the Fly Trap at Veyo and I had just completed two laps on Hopscotch a 5.12b climb and needed to rest for a bit when Deb suddenly suggested that she was thinking about leading the 5.7 climb named Fly Soup.  I took a few minutes to go over clipping draws with her right or left hand and how to avoid back clipping.  She then jumped on the climb and methodically lead her way up clipping the draws with confidence.  No problem.  Wow!  I didn't think this day would every come.  I was surprised.  Deb is fifty years old and has been climbing regularly with me for a couple of years now.  Way to go Deb!!




1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Hailey said...

Marty and I were quite surprised to hear that she'd finally lead her first climb! Nice job!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home