Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Cedar Mountain Combo

This summer I have been driving up past Cedar City on up the canyon to rock climb and then mountain bike.  The climbing is at the Graveside Matter Wall 9 1/2 miles up the canyon where John Tully and I have been developing and bolting routes for the past several years.  It has become a very popular climbing destination and we usually run into other climbing parties whenever we visit.  It is a beautiful spot with fun climbing and cool temperatures in the morning hours.  Then after lunch I hop in my truck and drive further up the mountain to Navajo Lake where the temperatures are even cooler and ride a 15 mile single track through the pines and aspens on my new mountain bike (Santa Cruz Tallboy).  I have been able to convince several friends to join me on these adventure days.  We enjoy getting up out of the hot desert to breath the cool mountain air.  It makes for a great 2-sport day.  Tomorrow I begin a work stretch extending over the weekend.  Will ride the mountain bike early in the morning and swim laps at the health club (Summit) in the evenings to endure.  Summer is great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home