Friday, October 07, 2011

Call Me Old


First there was a grand daughter, then my 50th birthday, a prostate procedure (I don't want to go there in this blog!), my first year competing in the Huntsman World Senior games (in the triathlon which I run in the morning) and now a new calling at Church. I had served in the Young Men's organization for the past 16 years, with the last 10 years as assistant scoutmaster and Deacons quorum advisor. A truly great job for me and one that I will sorely miss. I have been called to serve on the High Council in the Young Single Adult Stake which draws from 11 stakes in the Washington County area. Dad came down over Conference weekend and ordained me a High Priest. It was a special evening having him do that for me and then Eric and Peter joined us to attend the priesthood session of Conference. I will be called upon a lot to speak at the various single wards in our stake throughout the year and I am awaiting other more specific assignments that will surely come. I anticipate that a missionary soon to return home will be called upon to accompany me on some of these speaking assignments (Marty!!). No doubt, I have begun a new era in my life. One that I hope will be rewarding and full of adventure. Maybe I can talk one of the bishops into holding sacrament meeting on the slick rock somewhere one of these sunny Sundays?!

2 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Maryean and Cory said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Christian and Angie said...

You are old!! But I am proud of everything you have done! Great job on the triathalon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home