Saturday, October 19, 2013

Baby Senior

This past week I participated in my 3rd annual Huntsman World Senior Games.  I competed in the Triathlon followed by the Cross Country Mountain Bike.  The weather was cooler than last year, but still very good on my race days.  My race time for the Tri was one second better than my previous time a couple of years ago.  It was only good enough for me to place 7th out of 13 in my age category.  (Men age 50-54)



 The mountain bike course was the same again and although I finished almost 5 minutes faster than last year, I still only placed 4th.  As I crossed the finish line the announcer called me one of their "Baby Seniors".  There are world class athletes that come and compete at these games.  I just do it for fun and I am in really good shape this fall from the increased training I did over the past couple of months.  So, I think I will keep signing up each year even if I get beat by some incredible athletes.  Deb came and took a few photos and Rebecca, Phil & Angie all showed up to cheer me on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home