Sunday, January 17, 2016

El Nino January

The new year came with lots of snow storms in the mountains and cold temperatures.  This has made for an extra good year for snow boarding and ice climbing.  Apparently the El Nino is particularly strong this year according to weather experts.  It is always tempting to stay down in the relatively warm desert and rock climb, but after a couple of pitiful years up in the mountains I have been taking advantage of this years winter weather.  I have felt very comfortable climbing on the ice this year.  Don't know if it is because I am finally getting some experience climbing ice or if it is something else.  Angie joined me one morning a Camp Creek Falls.  Snowboarding in the powder has been fun and I have enjoyed spending the time with my sons Marty & Eric.  I did take a rag-doll tumble down Devos Pitch at Brian Head once.  That hurt for a few days!   Deb has stayed away from the cold and snow.  I think she doesn't want to risk any injuries before we travel to Thailand for yet another vacation in the tropics.

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger dry fly said...

Great pictures

 

Post a Comment

<< Home