Wednesday, March 02, 2016

MCL Injury

I have a grade II tear of my right MCL (medical collateral ligament).  I sustained this while snow boarding with Eric at Brian Head.  We had been up there on a sunny but windy day with some fresh powder lines.  There was also patches of ice and this is what caused me to come of chair 5 lift erratically and catch the toe of my right boot causing the injury.  I felt the pop and had immediate severe pain for a few minutes.  I had a work shift later that day and was able to get a MRI of the knee right off.  I have been instructed by Dr. Anderson to rest it for 4 weeks and let it heal.  No surgery needed for my injury.  It has been difficult to not climb, bike or other things as it has been very warm and spring-like the past couple of weeks.  It hurts like heck quite often too!  It has effected my everyday life considerably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home