Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas 2016





I didn't have to work Christmas this year.  Instead of taking advantage of the time off and sneaking in some rock climbing and snow boarding, I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery.  Soon after my arrival home from the Himalayas, an MRI confirmed a full thickness tear of my cuff.  I made a quick decision to have it repaired.  Dr. Randy Clark along with Mike Anderson used arthroscopy to repair my right shoulder on a Sunday evening immediately after a work shift.  I hoped it would be a simple surgery with a swift recovery.  But no.  It was not to be.  It has been a slow and painful recovery and I am realizing that it will be months before I will be able to return to my usual activities.

Eric was at home with us so no early morning awakenings on Christmas Day.  The evening before most of our children and grandchildren spent some time with us doing the usual things.  Pizza, a rousing pounce game and a Christmas movie.  It was a cold and rainy spell and we almost had a white Christmas with the snow falling on the red cliffs just above town. Christmas Day was a Sunday.  The hour of church was enjoyable as our ward always has a great ward choir and program.  Deb always participates in the choir. Apple watches dominated the gifts and we helped our married children with cash.

Marty and Eric were able to enjoy a few big powder days at Brian Head during the holiday break.  I went on a few hikes in the desert with Siena and Cara.  My work shifts over the New Years weekend was stressful as expected.  The year 2016 generally was a good year for me until my shoulder injury.  I hope 2017 will be even better for me and all of my family!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home