Saturday, March 12, 2016

Springbreak Backpack 2016


We had a brief yet fun backpack trip during the Spring Break from school.  It was my goal to not hike too far into camp so that Marty, Eric & Angie could hike out early in the morning to go snowboarding at Brian Head.  We ended up carrying our packs 4 1/2 miles in to a spot I had found on a previous scout backpack trip over Red Mountain earlier this year.  It was a great spot.  It just was further into the back country than I thought.  Siena & Cara along with their Dad Peter joined us.  They did a great job covering that distance with packs on.  The next morning the sunrise was beautiful and the views spectacular.  We live in such a beautiful area.  I hope to lead many more such trips with my family in the future.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home